Effective from January 2015
Section 1: Practical & Music Theory graded exams, Prep Test & Performance Assessment
1. We have a late entry period which is open for one week after the online closing date.
2. During this period, we will accept entries, providing they are made online using the late entry form and the full fee is paid.
3. If you have not made an exam entry before, you must register as an Applicant before using the online late entry form.
4. We do not make an additional charge for late entries.
5. Please note that some ABRSM-run exam centres may be fully booked and will not be available for late entries.
6. We cannot accept date preferences or special requests for late entries.
7. We do not accept postal entries after the postal closing date or any late entries by email or telephone.
8. We cannot accept any further entries once the late entry period has closed. Exceptions will only be made where an Applicant has already made an entry at a Visit (Regulation 7) and additional candidate(s) can be added without disrupting the timetable (Practical) or requiring additional/alternative exam papers (Music Theory). Applicants who wish to request this should contact us by telephone (+44 (0)20 7636 5400).
9. For Special Visits, we must receive entries no later than 28 days before the chosen exam date. We will only consider exceptions where an Applicant has already made a Special Visit entry and additional candidate(s) can be added without disrupting the timetable. Applicants who wish to request this should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. We reserve the right to refuse, invalidate or cancel any entry and to return an entry received after the closing date has passed. In such cases the entry fee(s) will be returned (Regulation 4e).
Section 2: Diplomas
1. We will accept entries during the late entry period (see above) providing they are made by post and the full fee is paid.
2. We cannot accept date preferences or special requests for late entries.
3. We do not accept late entries by email or telephone.
Section 3: Ensembles & Choral Singing
We do not accept late entries for these assessments.
Section 4: Music Medals
There are no closing dates for Music Medals and teachers can make entries at any time. Full details are available at www.abrsm.org/musicmedals.