We're delighted to announce the dates, venues and timetable for our 2018 Jazz seminars.
9.30am – Refreshments
10.00am – First session starts
5.00pm – Event ends
- A fee of £165 will be payable and this should be claimed using the online eExpense system after the event has taken place.
- If you'd have to leave home before 7am you may book accommodation. Please note, however, that if you travel to the seminar on the day and leave home before 7am, you're not eligible to claim the hotel and subsistence rate.
- We'll reimburse you the actual cost of your accommodation up to a maximum of £100, or the £60.60 hospitality rate if you choose to stay with friends or family. This figure is inclusive of subsistence and we ask examiners to make their own accommodation arrangements.
- We'll cover one night of accommodation per examiner unless there are exceptional circumstances, which should be discussed with the seminar team at your earliest convenience.
- As the venues are all close to stations, no taxi fares will be reimbursed. If you need to take a taxi to complete any part of your journey, please check with the seminar team at your earliest convenience. Please note that we may not be able to reimburse taxi fares that have not been pre-authorised.
- If you'll be travelling by train, please book your tickets as soon as possible to take advantage of advance fares. If you're unwell on the day, we'll still reimburse the cost of your tickets (providing they're advance tickets). First-class tickets can't be reimbursed.
- If you'll need to fly to attend the seminar, please note that a maximum of £200 will be contributed to your fare if you're travelling from outside of Europe, and a maximum of £100 will be contributed to your fare if you're travelling within Europe. If you wish to fly from within the UK, please contact the seminar team for prior approval.
- We realise that for some examiners driving may be the most convenient option. However, we'd respectfully ask all examiners to check the feasibility of public transport as this is usually the most cost-effective way to travel longer distances, particularly where tickets can be bought well in advance.
- If you need to drive to attend the seminar, this should be discussed with the seminar team at your earliest convenience. We'll reimburse mileage at the standard ABRSM rate, up to a maximum of the equivalent amount as the advance standard return rail fare in each individual case.
Please bring your Aural Test and Quick Study books with you, as well as your Jazz syllabus.