Current amendments to our normal certificate reprint service (updated January 2021)
For certificate reprints for exams taken in 2020 and 2021, this service will take longer than normal under the current circumstances. Please allow up to one month to receive your replacement certificate once you’ve made the request.
Certificate reprints for exams in 2020 and 2021 will be offered free of charge until 31 December 2021, see details below.
Please note we are currently unable to print and distribute certificates for exams taken in 2019 or earlier. Please see below for further details and an alternative service. Once our service us fully operational again we will update information here.
Certificate amendment and replacement service
Where there are errors on a certificate or a certificate has been damaged or lost we can provide a replacement for a fee. You can find information about fees on our Dates and Fees page.
Due to the current closure of our offices, this service will take longer than normal. Please allow up to one month to receive your replacement certificate once you’ve made the request. If we are no longer able to print and distribute certificates at any point we will provide a further update on our website.
Important information to note:
- Our certificate amendment and replacement service is offered free of charge up to 3 months from the date of the exam. After 3 months a fee will be charged for this service*.
- We will not reissue certificates from the current exam session until 28 days after the original despatch date to allow for any delivery delays.
- We will only confirm results to the applicant (the person who booked the exam) and the candidate (if they have an ABRSM account), after a period of eight weeks from their original despatch date (see our Information and Regulations, 17f).
UK and Republic of Ireland exams – from 1 January 2020
How to request a certificate amendment or replacement (available via email only)
- For amendments, email a scan or photograph (medium or small size) of the certificate, with the amendment written clearly on, to [email protected]. We send replacement certificates to the applicant who made the entry.
- For lost or damaged certificates, email details to [email protected], including the Applicant and/or Candidate Contact ID and as much information about the exam as possible.
*No fees for certificate reprints for exams taken in 2020 and 2021 extended to 31 December 2021.
Due to current circumstances, we are offering our certificate reprint service for all 2020 and 2021 exams free of charge until 31 December 2021.
UK and Republic of Ireland exams – 1994 to 2019
Unfortunately we are unable to provide a full certificate amendment and replacement service at the moment. We are able to provide a confirmation of marks letter should this be required.
How to request a confirmation of marks letter (1994 to 2019)
- For lost or damaged certificates, complete the Certificate Amendments and Replacement form and email a copy of this to [email protected]. Please do not post the form to us.
- For a confirmation of marks letter with an amendment, email a scan or photograph (medium or small size) of the certificate, with the amendment written clearly, to [email protected]. We will confirm the amendment and send a confirmation of marks letter to the Candidate or Applicant as applicable.
How to pay
Our confirmation of marks service is free of charge.
Past results search: UK and Republic of Ireland exams before 1994
We are currently unable to offer this service as our offices are closed.