Updating our service to you - from booking exams to receiving results
To register and create your new account click here.
For detailed information about booking exams from 2020 click here.
We're making some exciting changes to the way you book exams and receive results from January 2020!
- We’re introducing a new online exam booking service.
- For practical exams at Public Venues (formerly public centres), you’ll be able to choose your exam date and venue from a list of options, and change appointments online.
- For practical exams at Private Visits (formerly visits/special visits), booking will be more flexible with a 28-day lead time for all visits, and you’ll be able to use our online timetabling tool to arrange your exam day(s).
- Practical exam results will arrive more quickly – within a week of the exam, subject to quality assurance checks – with digital mark forms available online as soon as we release your results.
- Our new candidate account option will give learners and parents easy access to essential exam information.
These changes apply to the following exams taking place from January 2020: graded music exams (Practical and Music Theory), ARSM, Prep Test, Performance Assessment. Arrangements for all other exams are staying the same. For the Prep Test and Performance Assessment, examiners will continue to issue certificates on the exam day.
If you’re entering candidates for these exams, you’ll need to book and pay online using our new exam booking service. We are unable to accept postal bookings for these exams. For DipABRSM, LRSM, FRSM, Choral Singing and Ensembles, you’ll still need to book exams by post using a downloadable entry form.
- 13 January 2020 – the first available date for a practical Private Visit in the UK.
- 13 – 26 January 2020 – the booking period for 2020 Session 1 (Spring) exams at our Public Venues, when you can go online to book exams.
Find out more
Explore these pages to find out more about:
- What’s changing at Private Visits (formerly visits/special visits).
- What’s changing at Public Venues (formerly public centres) organised by us during one of our main exam sessions.
- What’s changing for all exam bookings, including the new candidate information you'll need.
- What’s changing for results and mark forms.
Finally, go to How to get ready for more on what's happening when and what you can do now to get ready for booking your 2020 exams.