Register and create your new account
You can now register and create your new account.
- You’ll need to do this before you book exams, even if you have an existing ABRSM applicant number.
- To register you’ll need to create a username and a password.
- We will also ask you to update your marketing preferences at this point. If you would like to receive marketing updates about our products and services, please opt in.
Find out more about creating your new account.
Check if you need approval for your Private Visit venue
All Private Visit venues need to be approved on our system before you book.
- If you booked a visit in 2019 and entered your applicant number when you created your new account, the venue for that visit will be pre-approved and you will not need to request approval.
- For all other venues, you will need to request approval before you can book a Private Visit.
- Venue approval takes up to eight working days.
Find out more about venue approval
Book your 2020 practical Private Visit
You can now log in to book a practical Private Visit in 2020.
- The first available date for a practical Private Visit in the UK is 13 January.
- Before you book your Private Visit you will need to register and create a new account.
- You may also need to request approval for your venue, unless you held a visit at that venue in 2019.
- You can book candidates at your Private Visit until 28 days before the chosen start date, even if this falls in a main exam session.
- We are unable to accept late bookings, so please make sure you book all your exams before the 28-day cut off point.
Find out more about exam booking at Private Visits.
Make a note of the main exam session booking period
The booking period for Session 1 (Spring) exams is 13 – 26 January 2020.
- This is when you can go online to book practical and Music Theory exams at our Public Venues and Music Theory exams at Private Visits
- For the widest choice of practical dates at Public Venues, be ready to book your exams as soon as the booking period opens.
- Before you book you will need to register and create a new account.
- We are unable to accept late bookings, so please make sure you book all your exams before the booking period closes.
Find out more about exam booking at Public Venues.
Have your candidate information ready
To make your booking you’ll need the following candidate information. Some of this will be familiar, but there are some new things too.
- Candidate name, subject/instrument, grade/level and any access arrangements.
- New: candidate date of birth – we need this so that we can accurately identify candidates in our system. You will need to enter this information before you can complete your exam booking.
- New: candidate (parent/carer) email – this is optional, but will allow candidates to set up their own ABRSM account. With an account, they can go online to view information about their exam, change a practical appointment and view their results and practical mark forms.