Results and practical mark forms will be easily accessible via your online account and you’ll be able to view mark forms as soon as we release results.
- Mark forms will be available online as PDFs which are clear to read and simple to download, save, forward and print.
- The new mark forms will look very similar to the current paper forms, but the comments will appear as type rather than handwriting.
- Candidates with an account will be able to access their results and practical mark forms seven days after we’ve released the result to the applicant.
Some things about results and certificates are staying the same.
- We’ll continue to send graded exam and ARSM certificates in the post.
- For Music Theory exams we’ll continue to send paper marks forms containing the breakdown of results in the post with certificates. You’ll be able to view overall results for Music Theory exams via your online account as soon as we’ve released them.
- Examiners will continue to write Prep Test and Performance Assessment certificates during the exam, handing them to performers at the end of their assessment.
In the exam
From January 2020, all our examiners will be using our new specially created examiner app to deliver and mark practical exams. Although examiners will be working in a different way, the exam experience for all candidates will stay the same.
- During the exam, examiners will use an iPad to complete mark forms for practical graded exams and ARSM exams.
- The app will automatically audio record exams, providing us with recordings to help with quality assurance, examiner training and enquiries about results. The recording happens automatically and will not disturb or interrupt the exam in any way. Recordings are for internal use only so won’t be available to applicants or candidates.
- All iPads used by our examiners will have the camera function disabled.