We are redeveloping our diplomas, creating new higher-level qualifications to replace our DipABRSM, LRSM and FRSM in Performance, Teaching and Directing. To check deadlines for taking these diplomas, see our withdrawal information here.
DipABRSM, LRSM and FRSM
We provide Diploma Venues for our Diploma exams in our main exam sessions. Please see here for public session dates. There are currently 17 public venues in the UK and Ireland: Aberdeen, Ashburton, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Dublin, Glasgow, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Oxford, Tonbridge, Winchester, York, however some of these venues may not be open.
Please indicate your preferred centre on your entry and we do all we can to accommodate this request.
If diploma exams are not running in your preferred venue, your entry will be moved to an alternative venue.
We are also able to offer Diploma Visits for all candidates throughout the year. Exams can be held at premises (a school or teaching studio, etc.) provided by the person making the booking and we will provide an examiner to visit. These can be requested by anyone with at least 3 hours of diploma examining and dates can be requested.
We will try to honour the Private Visit date you have requested. If this is not possible, we will liaise with you directly to find another date that suits.
Anyone organising a Private Visit accepts responsibility for providing facilities for the appropriate conduct of the exam. Visit Organisers are advised to carry out a risk assessment. (Risk assessments do not need to be sent to ABRSM)
Instructions for Booking
We do not accept paper entries for diploma exams. Any paper entries received, will be securely destroyed. Please follow the instructions below to make your entry.
1. Check exam dates, booking periods and fees and where we have Public Venues.
2. If you are applying to hold a Diploma Private Visit, please contact [email protected] before making your booking to discuss the arrangements with us.
3. Submit an entry using our new online form.
You will be asked for the following information;
- The level and subject of the exam (including any specialist information).
- Candidate information
- Access arrangements and reasonable adjustments (see abrsm.org/specific-needs/ for more information)
- Preferred exam date and location
- Information about prerequisites (where applicable)
- Confirmation that submitted work will be submitted as instructions (where applicable)
Support for completing the online entry form can be found here.
4. Candidates in the UK will be required to make a payment for their entry by BACS. After the end of the booking period, candidates will receive ABRSM bank details and a unique reference number to use when transferring the payment. Candidates should make payment as soon as requested. If payment is not received at least four weeks before the date of exams (or at an earlier date as specified by ABRSM), the entry will be cancelled. Payments which do not quote the correct reference number will not be successfully linked to the entry.
Candidates outside the UK (including candidates in ROI) will be required to make a payment for their exam at the time of entry to the Local Representative. Please contact the local representative in your area for details of how to do this. Where there is no representative, candidates will be contacted by ABRSM regarding payment of their exam fee.
We will also request any required documents in support of the entry, and provide instructions on how to submit these.
5. We aim to give at least four weeks’ notice of exam appointments.
6. If you send a paper entry to our office, we will destroy it securely to protect your personal information.