In March we introduced online programme forms for Performance Grades and digital ARSM diplomas. Instead of candidates showing a paper programme form to the camera at the start of the exam recording, the person submitting the video enters the programme details online. Find out more.
Preparing for a Performance Grade
The qualification specification and syllabuses are provided as PDFs below and include all the information you need to start preparing for a Performance Grade exam.
- You should also read our Exam Regulations.
- For information about accompaniment and recording and submitting exams, read the Guidance for Performance Grades on our ‘taking an exam’ page.
Qualification specification – all subjects
- Exam requirements
- Preparing for and taking the exam
- How the assessment works
Download a syllabus below for:
- Repertoire lists
- Information about choosing and performing the exam programme
- Piano [2023 & 2024] Syllabus
- Piano [2021 & 2022] Syllabus
- Bowed Strings Syllabus [from 2024]
- Bowed Strings Syllabus [2020-2023]
- Woodwind [From 2022] Syllabus
- Brass Syllabus [2017-2022]
- Brass Syllabus [From 2023]
- Guitar Syllabus
- Percussion [From 2020] Syllabus
- Harp Syllabus
- Harpsichord Syllabus
- Organ Syllabus
- Singing Syllabus
- Singing for Musical Theatre Syllabus